Looks and appearances matter a lot in today’s world and when we talk about looks, there is no denying the fact that our teeth have a big role to play. However, not all of us have straight and well-formed and evenly shaped teeth. Almost 40% of people in the world suffer from improperly formed teeth and this could range from crowded teeth, crooked teeth, improperly formed teeth, problems related to underbites, overbites and other such issues. While problems related to teeth stains, tartar, plaque, tooth decay, and other such problems can be handled by dentists, when it comes to aligning improperly formed teeth, we need to take the help of orthodontists. If you look around Edmond and surrounding areas, you can come across dozens of orthodontists in Edmond. Each orthodontist may have a different approach to treating problems related to improper formation of teeth. However, there is no denying the fact that Invisalign is considered one of the best and most reliable methods of treating problems of improper teeth formation. We will look at the pros and cons associated with Invisalign as information to our readers and probable customers.
Pros of Invisalign
- Attractive: Invisalign is clear and therefore it does not leave your mouth look like a crevice full of metals. In simple words, they are considered to be more attractive to the eye and it is extremely discreet. Unless people look at the teeth carefully, it would be difficult to find out if a person is wearing Invisalign braces or not.
- Great deal of comfort: Compared to conventional braces, clips, and wires, Invisalign is very comfortable and simple to wear. There are no wires or brackets. Therefore, you could do away with the worry of getting cuts and nicks in the mouth that could be painful or lead to infection. Further, they are extremely smooth and they do not irritate the mouth in any manner. They are free from sharp edges and resemble mouth guards.
- Convenient: Convenience is one more reason why many people are happy choosing Invisalign over other forms of braces and braces. Users feel very convenient using them and they are customized making them even more comfortable and easy to use.
- They are removable: Invisalign braces are much in demand because they can be removed. You can carry on with your morning chores like brushing and flossing after removing the braces. It also allows you to enjoy your normal food and this may not be possible when you use ordinary braces or wires.
- Easy maintenance: Maintenance of Invisalign is much easier when compared to other braces, veneers, and bridges. You have to just scrub them and all stains would be gone. This has to be done only once every alternate day.
Cons of Invisalign
Here are some downsides of Invisalign:
- Expensive: This is one of the biggest drawbacks of Invisalign. They are mostly not covered by dental insurance and therefore customers may have to spend anything from $3,500 to $8,000 for buying them and having them installed. It could be tough on finances for a middle-class family.
- Attachments: With each passing day, more attachments are being added to Invisalign. These complicate things. The attachments could include enamel ridges that have a tendency to stick to your teeth. While this might be technologically advanced, it is expensive and they make the Invisalign more noticeable.
Nanda Orthodontics Address:17200 N May Ave Suite 300, Edmond, OK Phone: (405) 330-9911